Recipe for Scottish Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/5 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp oil (3 desert spoons)
- Add flour to bowl
- Add sugar to bowl
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl
- Add oil and milk to eggs
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients
- You are aiming for a runny batter consistency. If it is too sticky add milk, too watery add more flour. However, if you have followed the instructions above you should be fine.
- Heat up the non-stick frying pan to medium to high heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture in to form pancakes.
- Flip over with a spatula after roughly 1-2 minutes. Look for bubbles, lift up with pancake with a knife to peek underneath.